38 Markers You’re on the Right Track with Your Parenting!
What are some markers that show you are on the right track with your kids?
I got some fantastic responses!
And I’m not gonna lie, some of them came from those who have taken my Soulful Parent Program, so I couldn’t help but be excited about the fact that some important shifts are taking place.
Without further ado, here were the responses…
- They feel safe to share their feelings with me.
- They are cooperative because they feel part of the family (“team”).
- They are able to self-regulate difficult emotions such as fear and anger.
- When my kids are having fun, and are using their imagination and creativity.
- That my children are connected to others and have good friends.
- They are comfortable to take risks and not be afraid to try new things or to make mistakes.
- They can laugh at themselves.
- My relationship with my kids tells me I am on the right track.
- They have developed critical thinking and a moral compass.
- They begin to see and feel things that are more authentic to them.
- They are no longer repeating what others say for the sake of sounding smart or being accepted, but rather they are speaking and acting from their heart.
- When I see my children use good manners, be kind to someone, make a good decision without any prompting then I feel I have done my job.
- When I get a call from another mom who has witnessed a kindness from one of my kids, then I think I have done my job!
- That they are confident – Confident in their decision making, confident with their place in the world, and confident with who they truly are.
- That they are learning to love, or at least accept, who it is they truly are, even the “faults.”
- That they are able and willing to follow their heart, and inner guidance, even if that makes them stand out differently from the other kids.
- That they are able to remain true to themselves even if their path may possibly disappoint someone close to them.
- That they don’t cave to the expectations placed on them that do not match who they truly are.
- Open and honest communication is very important.
- When you are able to respond to your childrens “mistakes” rather than abruptly react.
- When your child feels heard and is able to come to you with anything.
- They show love, compassion and empathy towards others and themselves.
- They understand someone else’s negative actions or comments towards them are never about them, but rather are about the person making the comment.
- That your children are open-minded to TRYING to understand and have compassion for those we typically judge.
- When my kids are able to not take the actions and comments of others personally.
- That they have coping skills and understands positive ways to release negative energy, when meeting “negative” people.
- That they do not turn to violence or meet a negative person with more negativity.
- That they are learning not to value materialism. This is a huge thing for inner happiness, which is what we want for our children!
- That they learn the importance of love. And that they learn to see the love that surrounds them everyday. AND GRATITUDE!!! Huge!
- They are responsible. Not perfect; no one is perfect!
- Demonstrate survival skills and logic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- They are not afraid to sit in silence with him or herself.
- Your children are not in competition with anyone. That they don’t compare themselves to others.
- That your children are not looking for applause in everything they do, and are just doing something because they enjoy it. The need for constant applause, I think, shows that they are looking for acceptance and have not yet accepted themselves.
- When your kids learn that they can’t change someone else’s behavior but they can change how they choose to react/respond.
- When you as a parent can look at your children as a mirror to yourself and help you heal and grow.
- If your children are able to learn from mistakes rather than react to mistakes.
- When we share joy I know I’m on the right track
Soo…let’s hear it! What are your two-cents of what markers show you’re on the right track?! Share below.