Day 29 No Striving Challenge – 2nd Way to Connect with Your Soul
We need to provide ourselves with the space and time to connect with our soul.
Spaciousness is about being okay with the pauses in life. We valiantly rush from one place to the next, work on one project and jump into the next, and fill our schedules with obligations and to-dos that it doesn’t leave much space or time for guidance.
But the natural flow of things includes pauses. In these pauses is when we find serenity. We need pauses between:
- Minutes of the day – take breaks!
- Days of the week – stop trying to squeeze as much as you can into each day
- Months of the year – plan a “no plan” day at least once a month
…and the list goes on.
Spaciousness allows for the spontaneous to occur. Unexpected invites and opportunities arise that you can say yes to when you have allowed for spaciousness in your life.
Also find serenity in spending time with yourself. Being among people is great and fun, but we also need time to connect with ourselves. You may initially be uncomfortable with the silence, but this is the breeding ground for guidance.
I enjoy going for a lunch on my own in a nice restaurant, or going to the spa for the day by myself. I’ve had people ask if that makes me uncomfortable to do those things on my own. Do I not feel odd sitting in a restaurant by myself?
My answer to those are – not at all! I love it. I feel light, spacious and connected. But I can understand how if this isn’t something you are used to doing for yourself it may seem uncomfortable. And if those thoughts have arose, ask yourself, “Is my caring about what others think of me, keeping me from doing what I’d enjoy?”
Soul Team Chat
- Do you allow for spaciousness in your life?
- Where may you be able to create some spaciousness?
- Do you allow for the serenity of time with yourself? Does this make you uncomfortable?
- Where can you allow for time with yourself?