Day 5 No Striving Challenge – The Part Worth & Value Play
Our ego mind can exert a lot of control over us, because it convinces us that we have to prove our value and worthiness. This need to prove our value and worthiness keeps us in a state of striving to do just that.
Some of the ways that our ego mind is appeased come in the following forms of striving…
– Using your children to reflect your worth & value
- Encouraging your kids to aim for the honor roll
- Urging your kids to work hard to be on a certain team
- Training your kids to behave a certain way
– Using your career as a position of status to show your worth & value
- Trying to make more money
- Trying to climb the ladder to higher position, power & prestige
– Using the state of your body as an image of worth & value
- Trying to lose/gain weight
- Hoping to avoid illness
– Using your relationship status to prove your worth & value
- Trying to find the right one & fall in love
- Worried what others are thinking and saying
– Using your home as a symbol of your worth & value
- Not able to sit & relax because feel the need to clean, tidy and maintain
- Desire to move up into “bigger and better”
If you look, there are many areas in your life where the striving to change, fix & improve, as well as do, be & have has seeped in…and damn, that can be draining!
Soul Team Chat
- Where has striving unknowingly (or knowingly) seeped into your life?
- Are you feeling the drain of this striving?
- What do you want instead?
- Choose one area where you have been striving, and decide to make a conscious choice to become aware when it is happening.